Friday, January 25, 2013

Lancome Artliner in Noir


I think majority of us would already know about Michelle Phan being Lancome's video make-up artist.
I remember being subscribed to her for probably around 3 years and I remember her using Lancome products most of the time and seeing her use the Lancome Artliner.
I had a big obsession with all types of eyeliners back then (still do!) and I always wanted to try the Lancome Artliner.



I managed to pick up the colour 01 Noir (plain black) during the Boxing Day sales at David Jones for $45.90 as they were having a 10% off promotion.



"Gentle felt eyeliner. An intense and precise line, in a single sweep. Exceptionally long-lasting. Shake before use"


Contains only 1.4ml which is pretty small considering that majority of the liquid eyeliners I own contain around 3.5ml.
Also lasts for 6 months.


I had to show this! I couldnt get over how the inside of the box was black and how the outside was silver. In love with the box. I can't seem to get myself to throw out the box...





The thing about this is that you have to shake before use, unlike some of the eyeliners I've used shaking before use does help put more product on the felt tip.
You don't have to shake too hard for this or else you will get a heck of a lot of product!
I like to hold the eyeliner with 2 fingers and swing it back and forth instead of shaking but you can do whatever you like to shake it, I know some people like to hit the eyeliner on the back of their hands.





When you first open it up, the felt tip applicator will be white so you have to shake the eyeliner to get the product.

I was quite disappointed with the applicator since it wasn't sharp at the tip (I like to have a sharp wing for my eyeliner) but the size of it was decent, not big nor small. But the good thing about it not having a sharp tip is that you can apply your eyeliner using the very tip of the felt tip which can also come in handy for lining in-between the lashes without poking your eyes out!
Close-up

Swatches:




As for the product, it dries a matte finish and does last fairly well during the day but I did wear this out yesterday when it was blazing hot and sadly the eyeliner was all patchy and faded at the ends (including the inner corners!).
Disappointed that it didnt last on my oily lids, I did have high hopes for this one but I wouldn't repurchase this.
Though if you don't have oily lids I'm pretty sure it will last a lot longer.

Have you tried the Lancome Artliner?



6 comments :

  1. Aww what a shame that the Lancome Artliner wasn't as good as you had expected, especially after paying so much for a luxe product! The applicator looks really cool though, but it liquid eyeliner doesn't look pigmented enough for me. I hate having oily lids too, it makes it so hard for eye makeup to stay on :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not worth the price in my opinion :( I'm waiting for the day that I find an eyeliner that lasts on my oily lids!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay! I hope it works for you if you try it :)

      Delete
  3. That seems quite steep for an eyeliner! Sorry that the lasting power left much to be desired. Hopefully you find something that is better for oily lids. Have you tried the Stila liquid eyeliner pen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that there would be more better and cheaper eyeliners than this one, sadly. Actually I havent tried that one yet, is it any good?

      Delete