Thursday, January 10, 2013

Models Prefer 5pc Manicure Set


While having a lovely Priceline spree awhile ago, I walked by a shelf selling Models Prefer 5pc Manicure Set for $5, it came in many colours but I really liked the black one. So I took advantage of the time to buy it since I was looking for new tweezers (lost my old one sadly).


It includes 
  • Cuticle Cleaner (Probably won't be using this but might come in handy someday)
  • Nail File
  • Tweezers
  • Cuticle Scissors
  • Nail Clippers


The lace design on the front & back

Inside
So far I'm actually really loving this manicure set, although I haven't even used the cuticle cleaner.
The nail file does a pretty decent job, but I don't like how thin it is since it is a bit hard to slide it out from the elastic and it also sometimes gets caught onto the fabric lining.
The tweezers was probably my favourite out of the whole set, it managed to pluck out the very short, hard to pluck eyebrow hair and it also felt and looked very sleek.
I've only used the nail scissors once for my nails, and I actually preferred using it over the nail clipper. I used it to cut my soon-to-be-breaking pinky nail, it was a very clean cut compared to using clippers so I'll definitely be trying it on the rest of my nails when the time comes! 
Lastly the nail clippers was soft of a hit and miss for me, on the first use i was pretty impressed with it, it was bigger than the average nail clipper and made a clean cut, but after a few uses it sometimes didnt fully cut the nail in one go but on some other days it performed perfectly, not really sure what was going on but i'm still happy with it.

For the price of $5 for 5 pc it was well worth the price seeing as though each piece equals to $1. It was a great bargain so I would definitely recommend this!


2 comments :

  1. That looks really good! I can't believe how cheap it was!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it as well! Definitely happy with the purchase :)

      Delete