Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Empties!


I'm actually proud of myself for finishing more than 1 product within a month!
I usually finish up a product within a few months since I'm the type of person who will try to use as little as possible to not waste everything, but after awhile I've had this urge to clear out some products so I can try out new things. 


Sunsilk Co-Creations Damaged Hair Reconstruction Conditioner  

As I've stated in my review, this is my one and only HG conditioner! Sadly I haven't been able to repurchase this conditioner so I've been using a Pantene Conditioner. But I will repurchase this one soon if I can manage to stop spending my money on un-necessary items...



BYS Water-Proof Liquid Eyeliner in Black

 I purchased this around 2 years ago when I was in my eyeliner craze addiction. (The days where I was trying out different types of eyeliner.) I heard a few raves about the BYS liquid eyeliner and I only found out that they sold BYS in my nearest Reject Shop, so I went in and bought this for $3 and sad to say this was the worse eyeliner I had ever owned and tried. It's not even worth $3 IMO. When I swatched it on my hand it was amazing, was waterproof, smudge-proof and stayed on very long! But on my lids it was so streaky and uncomfortable when it dried. Removing it was also a pain since it flaked off and I always ended up having bits of it in my eye. Not sure about the staying power since I never wore it out, I only managed to waste the product by using it to randomly draw on paper... Never repurchasing this again! 


(Unknown brand) Lip Balm

My dad got me this from one of those asian stores that stock up on a lot of Uggs, vitamins, facial cream and more, which sometimes contain lanolin. So I think this lipbalm also contained Lanolin but I'm not sure since I chucked out the box. This lipbalm gave a really nice glossy look but didn't do well on the moisturising part, though I think it did a good job on maintaining the moisture in my lips when it wasn't chapped. Won't repurchase this one since there are better lip balms out there that would do a way better job! 


Nature's Care Paw Paw Lip Balm

Stated in the review, I'de rather prefer my Lucas' Papaw Ointment over this.


Redwin Orange & Bergamot Moisturiser

Didn't start using this until a few months ago, I wasn't a big fan of the scent but it did a good job of moisturising my legs. It took a few uses of this until  my legs started to become moisturised. But I like to use my Vaseline Aloe Vera Body lotion which does the job faster! It was nice trying it out though.


8 comments :

  1. I have so much trouble using up products too! I always think I'm wasting them but I better stop thinking like that or nothing will ever be finished :( I love how you described those asian stores selling "uggs, vitamins and facial creams" haha I could picture one of them in my head! The packaging for Nature's Care paw paw ointment is so cute and I've always wanted to try it- but after reading your review I think I'd rather not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had no idea what to call those stores! Agreed, the pink packaging was so eyecatching to me and the price lured me to buy it but the quality was not worth it compared to the Lucas Papaw Ointment :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing and the review for the pawpaw lip balm. ive seen it around too but never ended up buying it. i really love the lucas pawpaw ointment!
    http://beautybloggr.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever heard any bad comments about the Lucas Papaw Ointment! Thanks for the follow btw :)

      Delete
  3. I take forever to use up products. I think Lucas Paw Paw Ointment is the best one to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one! Agreed, it's worth spending a few extra dollars just to get the Lucas Papaw Ointment!

      Delete
  4. That pawpaw lip balm looks cute x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so bright, always catches my eye whenever I pass it in-stores!

      Delete