Saturday, November 15, 2014

Maskd*



After experiencing the Mint Julep Masque by Queen Helene, I think my love for facial masks have grown. I've always been the one to use Asian sheet masks as I find them so hydrating and such a relaxing task to do after a stressful skin week!
But I do have a place in my heart for facial masks as they do make you feel like youre having a pamper session and they do make a great activity with the girls.
I was lucky enough to be send some samples of a new Mask that will be coming in Australian salons soon and wow has it made my skin hella smooth.


What won me over was an inpiring story behind the founder Carlie and the creation of Maskd which you can read [here]. 
The mask states that it will help with the following:

 Smooths lines and wrinkles

 Sooths damaged skin & reduces scarring
 Permits fresh, glowing skin
 Allows natural oil flow
 Moistens dry skin
 Covers blemishes
 Improve application of make-up


A little spoiler alert, I would say that yeah the claims are 70% true, I mean I've only tested it for 4 days and havent experience 'smooth lines and wrinkles' or 'reduced scarring'. It may be a product that could help if you use the Mask in the long run, but other than that Im quite happy with the other claims actually working. But I will say that no matter what skin type you have, it will cater to your needs.
Also the mask does not contain any of them nasty chemicals that's usually found in a lot of masks.


First things first, I know the full sized product is a squeeze tube so yes it wouldve been a lot neater than using the satchels but the sample sized product was obviously a mess and although the plastic satchel was visually appealing for me, it was hard to rip open so I was using scissors most of the time.  Now there are 4 easy steps in applying this bad boy.

1: Cleansing your face and drying your skin (it does state to cleanse twice but as long as your face is squeaky clean, im sure it would be the same)
2: Apply a thin layer of The Green Mask to your skin, avoiding your eyes and mouth.
3: Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes while the active ingredients begin to work their magic on your skin. You will experience the 'sting" (but more on that later).
4: Using water and a clean washer, remove the mask.



Note: I tested the mask for 4 days in a row

During the time I left the mask on my face, 3 minutes in the "sting" hits. For the first two days the sting was a burning sensation which made my eyes tear, it stung like a bee. But the last two days was just a nice tingling sensation which was a nice refreshing feeling. 
I read up on the sting and it did state that the stinging effect will vary from person to person as we all have different PH skin levels and also the more you use the mask the less discomfort you will experience. 

Compared with my experience with the Mint Julep Masque, Maskd does not dry to tell you when its done, it will stay movable so that was one of the cons for me as I prefer facial masks to dry.
Also the last con was somewhat of a pro/con for me. The scent reminded me of my childhood, which was a pro but the scent was like a playdoh/Plasticine scent/children paint could not wrap my nose around the scent but it was definitely something that reminded me of being back in the art room.

Testing the mask for 4 days in a row may sound daunting but it did not dry my skin out! It was more moisturizing rather than drying surprisingly. 
My skin is combination/oily skin and when I washed this off as my room was sweltering in heat, it felt like I applied a thick face moisturizer, but did not make my face any more oilier than it was which was good.
I am lucky to say that I dont really suffer from any skin problems aside from the casual pimples but it was a coincident that I had a growing pimple while testing this product and yes Maskd did reduce that pimple after 2 days use which is why I give it a big thumbs up! I assume from the ingredients that it was because of the salicylic acid.


I would definitely recommend this one for people who have dry,acne prone,combination skin as I feel you will get loads more benefit compared with oily skinned but such a lovely product to use for the colder months aswell!
This product does cost $49.95 for 50ml which I know is such a big price tag, but considering the benefits that you may be looking for, it could be something worth while to save up for as a little pick-me-up or something to pamper yourself with.

Maskd
Twitter: #GetMaskd




4 comments :

  1. Ooh dry acne-prone skin that's me! Although I've had frequent experiences with masks stinging my face and it was not pleasant. Haha "covers blemishes", I think any mask would cover blemishes xD I love the Queen Helene mask!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should check it out Sheri! Yeah you might not tolerate the sting this one has, was quite intense when I first experienced it D: Ahaha I had no idea what it was stating for "covers blemishes" I assumed they meant "clears blemishes"! Love the Queen Helene mask, so refreshing :D

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a pretty hardcore mask, I think the sachets would be perfect for travelling though. Not sure how I feel about the stinging sensation though! The results sound really great though.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think of it as "no pain, no gain" just so I can get through the stinging sensation haha! But yeah the sachets would be great for travelling!

      Delete